PM Kisan is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India. It has become operational from 1.12.2018. Under the scheme, income support of 6,000/- per year in three equal instalments will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined landholding/ownership of up to 2 hectares. Definition of the family for the scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines. The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. The first instalment for the period 1.12.2018 to 31.03.2019 is to be provided in the financial year itself. There are various Exclusion Categories for the scheme.
The following categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status shall not be eligible for benefit under the scheme.
All Institutional Land holders.2 Farmer families which belong to one or more of the following categories:.
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more
(Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
Status of PM Kisan (Disbursement by Installments)
As of 13 April 2020, The government has disbursed Rs 16,621 crore to about 8.31 crore beneficiary farmers under the PM-KISAN scheme since March 24, the day lockdown was announced to curb COVID-19.
Status of PM Kisan (Period Wise Statistics)